Palm Beach Performing Arts Center has signed a long term Lease to restore and operate the Royal Poinciana Playhouse and Celebrity Dining Room!
The Capital and Endowment Campaigns will provide a Grand Opening for the Performing Arts Center, located directly on the Intracoastal Waterway in Palm Beach!
DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED REGULARLY AS EVENTS UNFOLD!
Contact Pamela Stark Thomas (561) 351-5012 to Support the Grand Opening.
Naming opportunities and Founding memberships are available!
The Palm Beach Performing Arts Center will create a world-class Performing Arts Legacy for Palm Beach to enrich the quality of life.
GOAL: The Palm Beach Performing Arts Center is dedicated to building a recognized world-class Performing Arts Center for Palm Beach on a scale equivalent to that of the Lincoln Center for New York City.
Major renovation is required to restructure the former water-side Royal Poinciana Playhouse and deliver a robust menu of programs with world-class productions. Palm Beach’s Playhouse will be the crown jewel known as the Palm Beach Performing Arts Center and renowned at a level deserving of Palm Beach.
ANTICIPATED ENHANCEMENTS FOR THEATER AND CELEBRITY ROOM:
- Corporate/Founder’s Room with private restrooms/bar area
- Club Restaurant/Bar (Catering and Bar area) with space for special event dining
- Theater – Backstage and Front of House
- Lobby to include increased size for pre and post-events including live feed from stage. Rental space for Events.
- Gallery – including latest advanced displays for art and other technologically-enhanced displays. Art gallery designed to provide exposure for local artists to market their art.
- Restrooms to accommodate patrons efficiently
- Box office location and design for new technology.
- Administrative Offices will include marketing and conference room space with digital enhancements
- Classrooms to be included within theater building.
- Rehearsal Hall to be included within theater building and available for rent.
- Small studio/black box/cabaret space included within theater building and available for rent.
- Dressing Rooms increased and available to accommodate large musicals and rentals.
- Green Room/Musicians room to include storage for instruments amenity for rentals.
- Load-in Dock will be designed to accommodate additional load-ins.
- Storage for Sets/Costumes/Props
- Fly loft and Orchestra Pit design enhanced
Employment estimated as 300 new jobs for theater staff, productions and crew!
- $3,000,000 Annually in Marketing Value [of Performing Arts Theater]
- 1,000,000 electronic views/hits with on-line ticketing, Performance/Theater reviews and Press stories will increase to multiple millions [of viewers] as Performing Arts/Theater and Educational Center grow. (More recently included in NBC’s Today Show, USA Today articles, Huffington Post, Hawaii TV, Sun Sentinel, Miami Herald, Associated Press, Variety and other significant on-going celebrity media attention
- 150,000 initial Target Visitors will attend the Performing Arts Theater Center annually [driving a positive economic impact to current Plaza tenants]; this number increases in measure with facility and programming growth as valuable and strategic
- ANCHOR, NAI will attract NEW Target Business to surrounding restaurants, shops and services
- NEW History of Celebrities, Programs and Performance
- Multiple millions of electronic viewer hits drives global awareness
- Property Values proven to increase
- Timely Build-out in conjunction with New Flagler Bridge Construction and Major Royal Poinciana Corridor Enhancements; Precision-Specific for Palm Beach
- Historic Track Record for National Attention and Media
- Arts Educational Center Programs and Productions for local youth building future stars
- Programs are instrumentally vital to reaping a Legacy for Palm Beach culminating in “Defining the Future of the Arts” for this New Historic Arts Era